Summer and comfort go hand in hand, but when you’re dealing with an air conditioner that isn’t providing you with the comfort you want, you may need to ponder air conditioner replacement. Take a few seconds and think about this scenario: it’s only a few weeks into the summer and you’re enjoying a relaxing day at home. As lunchtime rolls around, you realize that it’s feeling awfully warm inside. You check the thermostat, and all appears to be well with the settings, but the temperature is reading 85 degrees.
It’s a possibility that you rode it out as much as you could, but now it’s time to call in an expert and discover what’s wrong. So what does that mean for you as a homeowner? Well, there are a few reasons that you may be facing air conditioner replacement. And considering the weather in Huffman, you don’t want to be caught without what might be the single most important piece of home comfort equipment you own.
Here are a few things you should be looking for if you think your air conditioner has stopped working:
- Insufficient airflow. If you notice a change in air flow, check for blocked return air or supply-air grille. Be sure all of these grilles are not covered by furniture or other items.
- The non-working outdoor fan. If you go outside to view your air conditioner’s outdoor fan and it doesn’t run, you’ll want to give the pros at Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman a call. That fan is responsible for the transferring of heat from your home to the outdoors. If it doesn’t run, that heat transfer isn’t happening and can cause a variety of issues, including overheating of the compressor and other potential internal issues.
- Outside obstructions. If your air conditioner is currently circled by shrubbery or other potential obstructions, there could be a concern with good airflow to the unit. Over time this could also mean that dirt and debris end up clogging your system and inhibiting its cooling abilities. Ensure your system is free from obstructions and is cleaned routinely to potentially reduce your chances of needing air conditioner replacement.
- Dirty filters. One of the most common concerns that Air Houston Mechanical LLC has is improperly cared-for filters. Dirty filters not only lessen airflow, but they can also impact your system’s efficiency and can drive up your monthly energy costs. They also affect air quality and when allergy season is in full swing, a dirty filter can have a large impact on your home comfort.
If you have checked all of these and your air conditioner still isn’t working, follow these step-by-step instructions, only proceeding to the next step if the system doesn’t start.
- Check that the thermostat temperature set-point is set below indoor temperature, and the system switch
- is in the COOL position.
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch “on”?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply “on”?
- Check the house fuse box/breaker box for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
- If the system still does not operate, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC at (832) 957-9332.
Having a broken air conditioner and dealing with air conditioner replacement doesn’t have to be a headache. Sure, your system may not be operating, but that’s why the staff at Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman is here to help. Give us a call at (832) 957-9332.