Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you encounter a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner malfunction. It can hit at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and suddenly realize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so toasty wrapped in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uneasiness? It might be an occasion for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be running correctly, but it still reads that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s most often caused by an outdated or faulty air conditioner that requires a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners fail, especially bearing in mind the weather in Huffman. Here are a couple of things that you can examine for before you call Air Houston Mechanical LLC if you think your air conditioner has broken down:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your exterior air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you inspect your system and discover that the fan isn’t working, it means that the heat movement isn’t happening, causing the warm air to remain in your home. This failure can also initiate overheating of the compressor and other possible internal damage to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most likely problems that Air Houston Mechanical LLC sees. These filthy filters in your air conditioner lower appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really problematic when allergy season hits. Unclean air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and raise your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always check for an obstacle or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can initiate your air conditioner to waste efficiency and decelerate.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t covered by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Correct air flow could be also deterred from outside blockages around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is hindered, it can influence it’s cooling capacities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned frequently to decrease the likelihood of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t operating, here are a list of questions and tests that you should look into and answer to get your system up and functioning again. (Only move on to the next question if the system doesn’t start after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things change your system operation, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC at 832-777-1521.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you up at night. If you follow these procedures and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman is always here to help – give us a call at 832-777-1521.