Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Huffman is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Air Houston Mechanical LLC constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman at 832-224-3887 today.