Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Huffman summer, have the professionals at Air Houston Mechanical LLC perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We suggest looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC today at 832-777-1521.