If you want to stay comfortable during the chilly months in Huffman, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep working at its best. If you’ve already planned your annual tune-up with Air Houston Mechanical LLC, you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance ideas to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters routinely and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t recommend this enough. It’s a simple way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if a mess has accumulated or plants have taken control of the zone.
- To check that your system is working well, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat next steps or give us a call.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our experts, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.