As springtime begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Huffman? Even if your cooling system is recently purchased or was cooling just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never have to schedule any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your equipment examined annually by a Air Houston Mechanical LLC professional can help locate minor troubles before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is located outside, it’s more vulnerable to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to take care of intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect inside your unit can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to elevated energy consumption—and a higher energy bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the long run, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps determine minor problems before they lead to big, pricey issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly inspect components and perform a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed measures often allow us to identify issues before they create large problems that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is prepped to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your unit is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC maintenance should include an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the following areas and parts:
- Overall system state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Air Houston Mechanical LLC
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Air Houston Mechanical LLC pros a call at 832-777-1521 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to look at our discount offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.