With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Air Houston Mechanical LLC specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system operating efficiently for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could harm your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Air Houston Mechanical LLC a call at 832-224-3887.