If you're like most people, you probably spend a lot of time on your smart phone, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature accordingly.
There’s been a lot of talk about smart thermostats lately. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, sometimes it’s hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and alert you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. The majority of smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman at 832-777-1521. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.