Having routine air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Huffman summer, have the professionals at Air Houston Mechanical LLC conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of an adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, and clean and tighten connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. In addition, when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC today at (832) 957-9332.