Whether you like winter or desire the warmer months in Huffman, most of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a huge impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Assess the weather stripping – After many years, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be changed. We recommend at least once every three months, but that period can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be cooler when you are away from home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will verify that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—even with your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. The professionals at Air Houston Mechanical LLC can help you review the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are having to spend on heating bills, but many of them can help your heating system run more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman a call to begin. You can reach us at (832) 957-9332 or arrange an appointment with us online.