Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize the need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Huffman are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive, and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits of your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of your filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair the efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance, or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at (832) 957-9332 and keep cool this summer.