It seems as though we are ever connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores, or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide several perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the greatest savings possible. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to inform you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across much different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a variety of perks that can help improve your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman has several thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at (832) 957-9332.