One of the most vital parts of the winter is staying snug and warm. Of course, staying comfortable is vital throughout the year, but during the cold it is even more essential. Winters in Huffman are unpredictable and the coldest days can often spring up on us, sometimes when your furnace is unprepared. So, before you find a specialized technician, here are a few things you can check first:
- Check your filter – grimy filters are one of the most universal causes of unexpected furnace failures. Air has a more difficult time traveling through filters once they are filthy or dirty, causing the system to shut down on some occasions. The older the furnace, the trickier it might be to find the problem, while newer furnaces are meant to point out clogged and dirty filters before further problems arise. Swapping furnace filters every month or so can ward off these issues and keep you comfortable.
- See if your batteries are weak or dead – keep continuous tabs on your thermostat batteries to ensure that there isn’t a flashing low battery light or sign on your thermostat. If there is, it’s time to replace out the batteries on your thermostat.
- Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” – it can be easy to forget small things like the settings of your thermostat. Insure this vital step, especially if there was a new spike in temperature that may have caused you to turn off the “heat” setting.
- Check your switches – in your home’s circuit breaker panel, find the breakers that run your furnace:
- [Ensure|Guarantee|Confirm]48] that the switch is in the On spot. If it is Off or in the middle of the two positions, turn the breaker to Off and then reset it to On.
- The switch that seems like a light switch should also be in the On, or Up, side. It can definitely be mistaken for a real light switch, which is why it is frequently the issue with furnace troubleshooting. Once it’s back On, the system will only require a few minutes to reboot.
Working through these steps is a straightforward and effective way of checking the efficiency of your furnace before you give a call to your Huffman expert. If there are still problems after you have made it through these steps, you will have a much greater idea on how to inform your [[technicians|specialists|experts}69] on what the issue might be. If you have questions or need to set up a repair, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC in Huffman.