You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Air Houston Mechanical LLC have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help make certain your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a major difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the present temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors could be the reason you’re losing both heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Air Houston Mechanical LLC technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 832-777-1521.