During the cooler Huffman months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Air Houston Mechanical LLC will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Air Houston Mechanical LLC as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Air Houston Mechanical LLC can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Air Houston Mechanical LLC at 832-777-1521 or book an appointment with us online.