Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Huffman during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Air Houston Mechanical LLC will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC at 832-224-3887 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.