Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Huffman during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Air Houston Mechanical LLC will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Air Houston Mechanical LLC at 832-777-1521 and we’ll restore your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.